November 15, 2020
It is critical for the church to understand the dynamics of outreach. Our best teacher is Christ; our best strategy is His Word; our best guidance is His Holy Spirit. The Jesus Model gives us a pattern & clarity for witnessing. We have been studying Jesus’ encounter w/the Samaritan woman at the well. Notice: John 4:4 “And He had to pass through Samaria.” There was a reason for Jesus being in Samaria, at Sychar, at the well, & alone with a woman. Here are 5 reasons for Jesus having to be there:
- It was the Father’s plan.
- He met her at the level of her need.
- He routed to conversation to a spiritual discussion.
- The Holy Spirit was involved.
- She would become a witness herself.
This sermon ends the 3 part series and focuses on relevant, efficient, & effective outreach, based on the model that Jesus outlines in John 4.